Product Safety Specialist – Hazcom
Basell Service Company B.
Product Safety Specialist – Hazcom
Fulltime | Rotterdam
Are you looking for a role where you can contribute to compliancy concerning all finished products we use? Are you keen on clear safety and hazard communication of products ? Welcome at LyondellBasell…
This is LyondellBasell
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. Our products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
This is the role
As a Product Safety Specialist you will provide expertise and knowledge on Hazard Communication (Safety Data Sheets/labels) to follow emerging issues and regulations from a global perspective for the assigned business areas. Furthermore, you interprets regulatory issues and provide recommendations to business groups, sales, external customers, distributors, plants, legal and R&D/technical. Finally you participates in industry groups and trade organizations dealing with product safety or hazard communication issues.
Among the tasks and responsibilities are the following:
- Serve as liaison with business groups, manufacturing, R&D, sales and marketing, technical services, legal and customers on Hazard Communication issues for assigned product(s)
- Interprets complex regulatory issues and provides recommendations to business groups, sales, external customers, distributors, plants, legal and R&D/Technical.
- Manage and resolve customer requests for Safety Data Sheets (SDS)/labels in assigned areas of responsibility to international regulations and requirements.
- Monitor and manage emerging issues or changing regulations in assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Participate in the process to develop, plan and implement programs and procedures in compliance with Company Operational Excellence expectations
- Collaboratively work within the Product Safety team to coordinate support of regulatory issues for assigned business area.
- Participate in planning and execution of Hazard Communication initiatives (GHS, SAP integrations).
- Support large scale company projects/initiatives.
This is who you are
As our new Product Safety Specialist, you manage and resolve requests for Safety Data Sheets (SDS ) labels in assigned areas of responsibility. You are able to analyze and (re) calculate data to produce reliable data sheets. Don’t assume but be sure. Be able to prioritize and handle last minute requests. Pro-active, strong communication skills, curious by nature
This is what you bring
- BS/MS technical degree in chemistry, engineering or an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) discipline
- Minimum (1-3) year of specific functional experience in the areas of regulatory, Product Stewardship, EHS or product technical R&D is preferred.
- Strong analytical and evaluation skills.
- Interpersonal capabilities to work effectively as a team member
- Strong PC skills including spreadsheets, databases
- Strong technical skills and product understanding.
- English proficiency is required.
- SAP experience is required
Our LyondellBasell competencies are the following:
- Builds effective teams
- Cultivates innovation
- Customer focus
- Demonstrates courage
- Drives results
- Ensures accountability
- Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
This is what we offer
We offer an environment where we encourage personal and professional growth and where you will be rewarded for your performance and results. You will have the possibility to work with specialist on all fields to develop innovative solutions and to extend your national and international network. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package.
Please feel free to connect with Ton Brands, Corporate recruiter email@example.com for more details. Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume via the application button.
Acquisition due to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: Product safety specialist, safety specialist, chemistry, engineering, environmental health, vacancy Rotterdam
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume via the application button
Om te solliciteren op deze vacature stuurt u uw sollicitatie naar firstname.lastname@example.org